Hello all my friends and followers! I’d like to break down a few ‘good-to-knows’ for each of you regarding frequently asked questions! I will add to this as more repetitive questions arise...
1. I’d like to take an all-inclusive vacation in the US - is this possible? -> With limits. All-inclusive vacations are abundant in popular Caribbean destination areas (Mexico, Jamaica, DR, Central America). Other Caribbean destinations have an array of European & all-inclusive options. The United States currently offers only two all-inclusive resorts (with drink restrictions) located in Florida.
2. Do I need a passport to cruise? -> Besides Cuba, if you are sailing on a ‘closed-loop’ cruise (meaning you begin and end at the same US port), you are not required to cruise with a passport. It is, however, strongly suggested to obtain one. In the event of an emergency while out of the country, you will have a very hard time returning back into the United States without a passport.
3. What do you charge to plan our vacation? -> Depends. Less complex itineraries we usually do not charge a 'planning deposit’ or ‘retainer’ if travel is booked from the complementary quote we provided. In some instances, with more complex itineraries, we will charge a ‘planning deposit’ or ‘retainer’ for our time and research. Keep in mind, if Royalty Escapes Travel Agency does your travel research and does not book your vacation for you, there is no income for our company. We choose to trust in each of our clients that we will work together to find the best vacation with the best deal so that our time is not wasted.
4. Is trip protection, or travel insurance, really necessary? -> Yes. Your vacation is an investment, and you may spend years saving for it. Trip protection covers instances before, during, and after travel. If you lose your luggage, miss your flight, become ill or injured and need to return home early - you have a better way of being compensated for your losses.
5. Does my health insurance cover my international illness or injury? -> This is dependent upon your insurance company. Most health insurances will not provide coverage when you are outside the United States. Some trip protection policies provide medical coverage as well!
6. Is my deposit an extra fee? -> No (although it may be non refundable). Every payment you make (including your deposit) will be deducted from your package price that was agreed upon at the time of booking. If you book a $3,000 vacation with a $200 deposit, you will have a balance of $2,800.
7. I want the shortest layovers possible. Is this a good decision? -> Not necessarily. When traveling to your destination, it is important that you have enough time to board your connecting flight to keep from travel delays. I would plan for at least an hour and twenty minute layover at larger airports. When traveling home from an international flight, your layover times should be longer to allow you time to go through customs. At least two and a half hours is recommended.
8. If I have a cruise but need flights, what do I do? -> Royalty Escapes Travel Agency is able to book your cruise, flights, pre/post hotel stays and round trip ground transfers to and from the airport and cruise port. This is a very valuable option that can accommodate you should there be any delay in your traveling.
10. How early can I book my vacation? -> This is dependent upon each supplier. If the rates are available, I can book it! Some suppliers offer accommodations years in advance! Flight schedules are available 330 days prior to travel. We can book your accommodations first, and add your air later!
11. Are you one of those businesses that signs up under someone and tries to work fromhome selling travel? -> NO! There are many multi-level marketing (MLM) travel companies out there today, but Royalty Escapes Travel Agency is not one of them. I hold countless awards and positive reputations with the best and well-known suppliers in the market. My business model is not to ‘sell’ you travel or ‘sell’ you into this business. My model is to service clients who want an awesome vacation and creating it for them!
We Would Love to CREATE SOMETHING MEMORABLE FOR YOU!